Robotics for Frailty Challenge Funding Call 3

Robotics for Frailty Challenge Funding Call 3

We are delighted to announce our last Robotics for Frailty Challenge funding call. Full details can be found below.

Summary

We are looking to fund research-driven proposals that engage with specific themes which will advance the state of the art in AI and robotics towards transforming lives of people with lived experience of frailty (PWLEF), with an emphasis on real-world adoption and deployment. 

In this round of funding, the network is looking to fund up to 3 focused studies, each of up to 9 months duration and of a cost between £10,000 and £25,000 at 80% FEC (with the remaining 20% FEC coming from your host institution).  

We have identified key areas for this funding call which address gaps in the current research on assistive robotics for frailty: 

Early Career Researchers are particularly encouraged to participate in the project. The funding is designed to enable ECRs to extend or build on their current research to address one of the above topics. Studies will need to include a strong component of engagement with people with lived experience of frailty, health and social care professionals and other relevant stakeholders. It is recommended to have a PPIE representative as a member of the project team. If you need help contacting relevant PPIE representatives, please let us know.  

Who can apply?

To be eligible for funding, the Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-Investigators (Co-Is) must be resident in the UK and employees of an organisation that qualifies for EPSRC funding

The PI and at least one Co-I must have either attended one of our previous co-creation methodology workshops or be listed on our Network directory. All applicants must be members of the Emergence Network+. 

How to Apply

Please submit your application in Word format, using the form provided below. 

Applications should be sent to emergence@nottingham.ac.uk by the date and time specified in the ‘key dates’ section. 

Key Dates

12th February 2024 (5pm BST): Application Deadline 

29th February 2024: Funding Panel  

w/c 4th March 2024: Communication of Funding Decisions 

March 2024: Contracting Process 

1st April 2024: Projects Commence